Here are 8 ways to pray for Rockford in 2018. Will you commit to praying for our city?
1. Pray for gospel transformation rooted in Christ's power, in which hearts are truly transformed and empowered to serve Christ and others (Romans 1:16).
2. Pray that this transformation will bring growth and healing to our city spiritually, racially, socially, and academically (Jeremiah 29:7).
3. Pray for racial reconciliation centered upon the gospel to build bridges that point our city to Christ and love for one another (Ephesians 2:11-22).
4. Pray for community leaders to serve with godly wisdom and a heart for all Rockford citizens to flourish (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
5. Pray for Christians to lament our sin, including indifference to pain in our community. May we humbly examine our hearts, confess our shortcomings and at times ignorance, and allow space to learn and respond to others in love and humility (Proverbs 28:13).
6. Pray for churches and Christian organizations to work together in harmony to see growth in the gospel and our city changed (John 17:20-21).
7. Pray for our youth. Pray AGAINST the many evils challenging our young people, and pray FOR Christ to be known and lives to be transformed in all areas (2 Timothy 2:22).
8. Pray for churches, schools, businesses, and nonprofits to collectively influence structural evils in our city and seek after justice in Christ's name (Isaiah 1:17).