About Youth for Christ
Youth for Christ is a nonprofit organization seeking to empower disadvantaged teens spiritually, socially, and emotionally through creative programs and healthy relationships with adult mentors.
Youth for Christ reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to prayer and the Word of God, passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement.
In the USA
Youth for Christ/USA has had a distinctive history of youth evangelism. In 1944 Billy Graham and Torrey Johnson held a Youth for Christ rally in Chicago. The ministry of YFC spread like wildfire across the USA. Today at thousands of community centers, high schools, middle schools, juvenile institutions, coffee shops, and local hangouts, YFC staff and volunteers meet with young people who need Jesus. For more about the national movement of Youth for Christ, visit www.yfc.org.
YFC/USA is part of a world-wide movement of Youth for Christ International. We are knit together with our common mission, vision, statement of faith, and passion to reach young people with the life changing message of Jesus Christ. However, YFC ministry doesn't look the same in every country. For more about Youth for Christ International, visit www.yfci.org
- Widespread Prayer - We deliberately engage lots of Christians to intercede on behalf of the ministry site.
- Loving Relationships - We consistently pursue lost kids & engage them in life-long relationships with Jesus.
- Faithful Bible Teaching - We accurately handle Biblical truth, regularly coaching kids to apply it in their lives.
- Collaborative Community Strategy - We intentionally work together with local churches, agencies and other partners to provide sustainable youth and family ministry.
- Adults Who Empower - We strategically develop leaders to reach young people from every people group.